Tuesday 3 August 2010

OUCH!!!

I had my eyebrows threaded today .. even just that phrase sounds painful - and weird - it sounds like having some sort of embroidery design stitched above your eyes.. or macrame, depending how thick they are I guess.

Of course its not that - its a traditional Indian technique for grooming and shaping eyebrow hair, and it is better than waxing, because it is a gentler, more delicate process and does not pull the fragile skin on your eyebone too much, hence it does not contribute to sagging skin in that area when it loses its elasticity.. ( like when you are my age and older!)

anyway - it is also completely natural as it does not use anything other than a loop of cotton , cleverly twisted in a way that it traps the individual hairs and pulls them out by the root. So no chemicals or waxes are needed - just a bit of calming skin cream afterwards.

It does have a ' mild torture' element to it - but in a good way, and its over in less than 5 minutes, so although my eyes did water a bit, my skin calmed down within 10 mins after, compared to having them waxed, which leaves my skin red for much longer and in need of a good dose of concealer, and nuf cleanser to get rid of wax residue on skin.

Its cheaper too .. I paid £7, as opposed to £ 12 for an eyebrow wax

I went to the Brazilian Waxing Company, which are nationwide I think, and it easy to book online, then you just turn up for your appointment.
http://www.brazilianwaxingcompany.com

Job done! I would definitely reccomend it and I will be getting my brows tamed in this way from now on - no more wax for me!

just out of interest, here is a lovely video I found on Youtube, showing exactly how its done - they even used the same heading title as me - bizarro :)
enjoy !
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_1CtJRnsLE&feature=related

No comments:

Post a Comment