Friday 21 September 2012

When Brow Bars turn BAD!!!!

BAD REVIEW ALERT!!!  I dont think Ive ever had call to write a bad review before - I dont normally let things upset me that much , and now tbh Ive ' let it go ' on the advice of my Buddist friend.. but I feel its my duty to enlighten you readers to this, so you dont have the same awful experience as I did, and apparently ( according to the Superdrug office lady I spoke to ) Im not the first to complain..about.. 'Super Brow Bar' - the in-store brow threading service apparently run by some franchise that isnt even linked to Superdrug, so this is NOT a complaint against the store.. although hopefully after these complaints they'll think twice about about keeping them there - bad rep and all that...

Anyway I dont normally go there.. I normally go to a cheap as chips and lovely lady in Chinatown called EyeWow - she is lovely and friendly..or Brazilian Waxing Co ( but theyre a bit pricey) and Ive never had a bad experience..   but today I had a tired daughter with me and it was a case of the quickest place, and as I passed Superdrug on our way to the bus I just nipped in - "a fiver!" i thought " that'll do, we'll be in and out in 5 minutes.. concerned about getting tired daughter home for a rest.. There were 3 threading girls there and no customers so they were having a chat, fair enough but it took a minute to get their attention..I was told  to pay at the counter and bring my receipt back, which I did, but that was as far as the conversation went. I decided myself that I should probably sit in the chair, and as the other chair was occupied by ne of the other threaders ( still chatting ) my 6yr old daughter had to sit on the floor ( because she was tired ) I sat in the chair and one of the threaders had her back to me but said ' Hold It !!" and i didnt realise she was talking to me.. why would i - she had her back to me, then she turned round and aggresively said ' HOLD IT!" I realised she meant my eyelid but i hadnt known she was ready to start .. so I did that then then before she moved on to the other eye she carried on the conversation with her colleagues ( I cant tell you what it was about because it was in Arabic ) then she started on my other eye and said "hold it" againbut then realised i was too low down in the chair for her and said " can you move up the chair please!!" in quite an aggresive tone once more. Then she plucked some last hairs out quite hard and painfully, then quickly shoved a hand mirror in my face so i could see theresult ( the result was fine, but I couldnt wait to leave. She didnt even attempt to put any soothing gel or soothing wipe across my brow. NO BASIC aftercare AT ALL!!! To be honest I didnt even think about that until I was on the bus and realised how sore my brows were . I had tried to complain to the checkouot staff asking if i could see a manager but she said they are not linked to Superdrug and Ihave to speak to the Brow Bar staff myself - well I think complaints should be made to a higher power, so I got home and put cucumbers on my brows straight away, then I rang Superdrug Piccadilly office and complained to the lady there - she said I was not the first complaint they had  had about the Brow Bar staff, and hat the Floor manager would have a word. So thats as far as it went but I'll be going back to Eyewow, or forking out more at Brazilian Waxing Co in future.

So in summary 'Super Brow Bar ' NO customer service, NO proffessional aftercare, Painful service, BAD attitude and RUDE staff!! Dont even GO there!!!

6 comments:

  1. PS this is about Super Brow Bar at the Piccadilly Gardens branch of Superdrug. I dont have any experience of other branches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a very bad experience at the Brow Bar in Superdrug, Livingston, Scotland today and totally agree with you. I was refunded my money from Superdrug but would like to complain directly to the franchise. Is there a contact for them as I cannot find it anywhere on the net? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a bad one at Trafford centre ...my daughter said she pulled a face at me....sad

    ReplyDelete
  4. I went to the brow bar in Preston Superdrugs..She made my eyebrows way to thin..even though I had specified I just wanted a tidy up. I naturally have thick eyebrows..although my hairs are fine and light. Really annoying..as she disregarded what I wanted..and when I told her I was unhappy. She told me she was doing me a favor!. =( I do not usually complain..but oh well! they will grow back!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep, I had rotten customer experience at the Perth and Glasgow - (Argyle St) Branches. The Perth one kept pressing on my eyelid, and I've got RGP contact lenses which move, so I mentioned to her, then her colleague came over & said "perhaps you can remove them in future" in a tone of voice that made me seem like the bad one. I've had threading before and never had any problems. The Argyle St Glasgow one does good threading but the girls are quite rude, ignore you when threading and chat to themselves in their own language and laugh which makes you feel a bit self-conscious. The nicest Threader I've found in a Superdrug Brow Bar is the girl in the Glasgow Sauchiehall St. Branch. She's gentle, pleasant and efficient.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete